School Closure: Primary Language Curriculum Day – Sustained Support & Webinars
The PLC (Primary Language Curriculum) for all four stages of primary school (junior infants to sixth class) was launched in September 2019.
The Professional Development Service for Teachers (PDST) in collaboration with the National Council for Special Education (NCSE) has continued the PLC professional learning programme for teachers this year.
As a result our school will close to pupils for a full day on Friday June 3rd to allow for staff training.
See this link for information on the Primary Language Curriculum
The school will reopen to pupils on June 13th.
Please download the form, print and return to the school. playment should be made via Aladdin
Uniform Order Form 2022.23
We want to say a huge thank you to all our pupils, parents and guardians (and some grannies as well ) for the tremendous effort everyone put into our first cake sale in nearly three years. Thank you for sending in so many cakes. We raised a staggering €3500 which is probably a new world record for a cake sale!
This will be added to the activ panel fundraising pot.
A special thank you to Sue Wiseman and the PTA ladies who worked tirelessly all day and to Jo Hughes, our Community Centre Coordinator who helped with the big clean up at the end of the day.
There are just a few places remaining in the Homework Club which began today. Please email email@example.com for more information
An Application Form is available here
The Scholastic Book Fair is coming back to St. Brigid’s after an absence of three years! It will run from Tuesday May 3rd to Friday 6th. All pupils will visit the fair early next week to select and order a favourite book. The Book Fair is the currently the only source of new stock for the Library every year. The more books we sell, the more books the school gets for the library. Thank you for your support.
CLICK HERE TO SEE SOME OF THE BOOKS ON OFFER
Homework Club – Final Term 2022
For children from 3rd to 6th class, there will be a Homework Club taking place in the St. Brigid’s each afternoon.
It will run from Tuesday 3rd of May to Thursday 23rd of June.
This Club will run from 2:30pm to 4:00pm each day in Mr. Lowery’s 6th Class.
Children must meet the teacher at the school garden directly after school each day to be walked to the Homework Club. Children will be walked out at 4.00 pm to the school gate to be collected.
Please give permission if your child has to leave Homework Club before this time.
The total cost for this period will be €125 (part-time attendance can be facilitated)
Please make any cheques payable to Patrick Lowery.
***PLEASE NOTE: Due to school planning there will be no Club on Wednesday May 4th or Wednesday June 1st.
On Friday 29th of April, we are having our first cake sale in over two years!
- Please send cakes or buns, shop bought or home made into school with the children on Friday. The children will bring the cakes to the hall after the bell rings.
- Please label any containers that need to be returned with your child’s name and class.
- Each child should have a spare lunch box to put their purchases in as we are limiting our use of plastic bags
- Children can bring in €2 to spend at the cake sale
- Classes will visit the cake sale throughout the morning to make their purchases.
- Reminder: We are a nut free school so please check ingredients before sending in cakes
- Parents of children with allergies might wish to send specific treats for their child to “purchase”. Please label these clearly eg. Dairy Free / Gluten Free/Egg Free
Thank you for supporting our school fundraisers.
School closes at 12 noon for ALL classes tomorrow.
Wishing all our families a very happy Easter.