” A secure, happy, welcoming, purposeful environment ”
We promote the full and harmonious development of all aspects of the person of the pupil- intellectual, physical, emotional,cultural, moral and spiritual, including a living relationship with God and with other people. The school models and promotes a philosophy of life, inspired by belief in God and in the life of Jesus Christ. St. Brigid’s provides Religious education for pupils in accordance with the doctrines, practices and traditions of the Roman Catholic Church and promotes the formation of the pupils in the Catholic Faith.
We foster a welcoming, positive and inclusive climate within our whole school community, where values of mutual respect, understanding, care worth and equality are promoted.
We promote an appreciation and love of our Irish Language and culture while creating a knowledge of and respect for other cultures.
” Learning, Striving, Achieving-Together “
St. Brigid’s National School, Beechpark Lawn, Castleknock is a Catholic primary school for the education of children from the parish of Our Lady, Mother of the Church, Castleknock. It is committed to the aims and principles of the revised curriculum (1999) and the Education Act(2001). St. Brigid’s N.S., in partnership with parents and community, seeks to enable pupils to discover and develop their talents and aptitudes in an environment permeated by Catholic values, so that they will be able to participate actively and responsibly in society and in the future.
More specifically, our mission aims to enable each child
- To live a full life as a child and to realise his/her potential as a unique individual with his/her own particular aptitudes and talents
- To enhance his/her self-esteem so that they will become sensitive, caring and responsible members of the community and society
- To develop to the best of his/her ability in all aspects of school life and to respect the right of other children to do the same
- To prepare for further education and life-long learning
St. Brigid’s N.S. seeks to provide
- A secure, happy and purposeful environment that allows children to enjoy quality learning experiences designed to engage and challenge them
- A welcoming environment for all – respectful of diversity of race, culture, religion, gender and ability
- A supportive environment for all children with special needs through learning support and resource teaching.
We value our relationship with parents and the community and we are committed to working in partnership with all involved in the education process so as to ensure that the best interests of each child is provided for.
We are committed to nurturing the Catholic faith through religious education, preparation for the sacraments and through the ethos of the school. The ethos will be demonstrated through respect shown for each person in the school – pupils, members of the staff, parents and visitors.