Homework Club – Final Term 2022
For children from 3rd to 6th class, there will be a Homework Club taking place in the St. Brigid’s each afternoon.
It will run from Tuesday 3rd of May to Thursday 23rd of June.
This Club will run from 2:30pm to 4:00pm each day in Mr. Lowery’s 6th Class.
Children must meet the teacher at the school garden directly after school each day to be walked to the Homework Club. Children will be walked out at 4.00 pm to the school gate to be collected.
Please give permission if your child has to leave Homework Club before this time.
The total cost for this period will be €125 (part-time attendance can be facilitated)
Please make any cheques payable to Patrick Lowery.
***PLEASE NOTE: Due to school planning there will be no Club on Wednesday May 4th or Wednesday June 1st.
Take a look at some photos of Room 12 on their tour to Causey farm this week! They had a fantastic day.
Mr. Lowery and Ms. Ní Fhearghail took over 50 pupils to Porterstown today to take part in the Fingal Cross Country Meet. They had a great day both teachers were raving about how well behaved they all were. Ms Fay was very proud to hear this great report.
We were delighted to visit Castleknock College today to take part in day 1 of the Leprechaun Cricket Cup. Mr.Lowery and Ms. Ní Fhearghail’s classes had a fun day playing cricket against each other in the Spring sunshine.
On Wednesday our other two 6th’s will compete.
Our thanks to Castleknock College for allowing us to use their beautiful grounds and to Fingal CoCo sports section and Leinster Youth Cricket for organising.
On Friday 29th of April, we are having our first cake sale in over two years!
- Please send cakes or buns, shop bought or home made into school with the children on Friday. The children will bring the cakes to the hall after the bell rings.
- Please label any containers that need to be returned with your child’s name and class.
- Each child should have a spare lunch box to put their purchases in as we are limiting our use of plastic bags
- Children can bring in €2 to spend at the cake sale
- Classes will visit the cake sale throughout the morning to make their purchases.
- Reminder: We are a nut free school so please check ingredients before sending in cakes
- Parents of children with allergies might wish to send specific treats for their child to “purchase”. Please label these clearly eg. Dairy Free / Gluten Free/Egg Free
Thank you for supporting our school fundraisers.
Written by Ciara O’Reilly 4th class
On the 2nd April, 2022, 48 children from all over Ireland had the chance to represent their province at the Cumann na mBuncoil National Handball day 2022. It was held in Kingscourt, Co.Cavan due to the great facilities there.
Two girls from our school, Evie McCarthy & I, Ciara O’Reilly represented Leinster.
We were told to be up bright and early as we needed to be in Kingscourt by 9.30am. Games were to be played up to 15 points with each team to take 4 serves before rotating serve with their opponents.
Each player received a goody bag containing pens and rulers, handballs, a €10 voucher for an ice-cream shop down the road and a jersey.
We managed to beat Connacht and Ulster and had a very close match with Munster losing by only three points. We had a lovely day and cannot wait for next year!