All uniforms that we have received from the supplier have been placed in the classrooms. If your child’s uniform order is not correct please call to the office on Friday 30th or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The office is very busy on the first day of term so we may be unable to deal with uniform queries. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Read about transitioning to big school here
Please bring your child to the sports hall at 9:15 am on Thursday 29th August for registration before you take him/her to their classroom. Some older pupils will be on hand to show you the way to the classrooms. If you are unsure where to go to collect your child please ask these helpers to point out the route.
When you arrive at the classroom wait at the door until the teacher is free to greet your child and show him/her to their seat. Once your child is settled say your goodbyes and leave . Please don’t be tempted to hang around the door or windows peeping in as this may upset your child or other children!!
Children go home at 12 noon for the first 12 school days. (Thursday Aug 29th -Friday Sept. 13th inclusive). Parents/guardians should wait in a queue outside the external classroom doors at home time. These doors are at the side of the building and can be accessed through the link corridor beside the sports hall.
Please try to be punctual as it really upsets children if parents are late.
DAY 2 AND ON..
After the first morning, the children will begin school at 8.50am. You will bring your Junior Infant child directly to the classroom for the first few days. The teachers will let you know when the classes are ready to line up in the mornings. Once this begins we ask you to allow your child the independence to walk with the line to their classroom. Please don’t congregate near the main door as the teachers will need a clear view of all the children as they enter in a line.
We also ask parents to enter in the mornings through the staff car park. In the afternoons you will enter the back yard through the link corridor at the Sports Hall.
Please do not enter or exit through any building . We are concerned about safety if the buildings are congested with parents and buggies as the children are trying to get in to their classrooms.
- The children will have one break for the first two weeks and two days so a small lunch and drink is all they need. Please let them practice opening their lunchbox and drink at home before the first day.
- Remember there are lots of identical sweatshirts, coats, schoolbags and lunch boxes in each class so please label everything or you will be an expensive year replacing mislaid items.
- We know your child will settle in very quickly and we hope he/she will enjoy these early days . if you have any concerns speak to the teacher when collecting after a few days.
- Any medical issues please chat to the teacher after school during the first week or two.
- If collecting children early during the year please inform the teacher and enter the school through the reception. We prefer if children are not collected during break time.
- Any change in the collection routine please inform the teacher.Children will not be released to anyone other than named adults unless the teacher has been informed. This includes dancing , drama, play dates , friends and neighbours.
- Reminder: We are a NUT FREE SCHOOL . Nuts or nut products allowed. Treat day is on a Friday when a small bar is allowed. We like children to have a healthy lunch. Popcorn is also not allowed as it makes a mess !
- The online payment facility is available now and includes all books and stationary.We will send a payment link in September if you have other children in the school and want to pay by cash, the eldest will pay the Art and craft family charge.
We ask all parents to register for Aladdin connect and download the Aladdin app. This will be our primary method of communicating and class teachers will also use this. We will be limiting the amount of paper we use.
Mornings: Enter and exit through the staff carpark
Hometime: Enter and exit through the link corridor or the carpark
Thursday Aug 29th 9:15 am to 12 noon.
Friday 2nd Sept- Friday Sept. 13th inclusive 8:50am to 12 noon.
Monday Sept 16th 8:50am to 1:30pm
See you all on the 29th of August!
Each class has been assigned a place to line up in but over the Summer they have probably forgotten where! Here is a reminder.
1st, 2nd , 5th and 6th classes all line up in the side yard which is beside the school garden and nearest the church carpark gate.
3rds, 4ths and Senior Infants line up in the 3rd class yard which is at the back of the school . Enter and exit via the via the staff car park.
No shortcuts through any of the buildings are allowed .
Side Yard . 1st and 2nd
Side Yard 5th and 6th
Back Yard . 3rd and 4th
Back Yard Senior Infants