95% of parents have now signed up for Connect. Thank you ! In order to receive notice board notifications directly to your phone please download the app and verify your number. This will enable us to send messages without having to pay for texts. Teachers will also use the Aladdin Connect App to communicate with you so it is important that everyone signed up.
Some parents, especially in Junior Infants and new second classes have enquired about class lists and contact numbers. Due to GPDR we will not give this information . However you may share your name and phone number through the Aladdin Connect App. Parents who opt for this can then see the list of parents in their child’s class.
Junior Infants Day One : Everyone settled in very quickly and we even went out to the yard !
All uniforms that we have received from the supplier have been placed in the classrooms. If your child’s uniform order is not correct please call to the office on Friday 30th or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The office is very busy on the first day of term so we may be unable to deal with uniform queries. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
On the last day of term the children moved to their new classrooms. Here are the classroom maps in case anyone has forgotten!
Read about transitioning to big school here
Please bring your child to the sports hall at 9:15 am on Thursday 29th August for registration before you take him/her to their classroom. Some older pupils will be on hand to show you the way to the classrooms. If you are unsure where to go to collect your child please ask these helpers to point out the route.
When you arrive at the classroom wait at the door until the teacher is free to greet your child and show him/her to their seat. Once your child is settled say your goodbyes and leave . Please don’t be tempted to hang around the door or windows peeping in as this may upset your child or other children!!
Children go home at 12 noon for the first 12 school days. (Thursday Aug 29th -Friday Sept. 13th inclusive). Parents/guardians should wait in a queue outside the external classroom doors at home time. These doors are at the side of the building and can be accessed through the link corridor beside the sports hall.
Please try to be punctual as it really upsets children if parents are late.
DAY 2 AND ON..
After the first morning, the children will begin school at 8.50am. You will bring your Junior Infant child directly to the classroom for the first few days. The teachers will let you know when the classes are ready to line up in the mornings. Once this begins we ask you to allow your child the independence to walk with the line to their classroom. Please don’t congregate near the main door as the teachers will need a clear view of all the children as they enter in a line.
We also ask parents to enter in the mornings through the staff car park. In the afternoons you will enter the back yard through the link corridor at the Sports Hall.
Please do not enter or exit through any building . We are concerned about safety if the buildings are congested with parents and buggies as the children are trying to get in to their classrooms.
- The children will have one break for the first two weeks and two days so a small lunch and drink is all they need. Please let them practice opening their lunchbox and drink at home before the first day.
- Remember there are lots of identical sweatshirts, coats, schoolbags and lunch boxes in each class so please label everything or you will be an expensive year replacing mislaid items.
- We know your child will settle in very quickly and we hope he/she will enjoy these early days . if you have any concerns speak to the teacher when collecting after a few days.
- Any medical issues please chat to the teacher after school during the first week or two.
- If collecting children early during the year please inform the teacher and enter the school through the reception. We prefer if children are not collected during break time.
- Any change in the collection routine please inform the teacher.Children will not be released to anyone other than named adults unless the teacher has been informed. This includes dancing , drama, play dates , friends and neighbours.
- Reminder: We are a NUT FREE SCHOOL . Nuts or nut products allowed. Treat day is on a Friday when a small bar is allowed. We like children to have a healthy lunch. Popcorn is also not allowed as it makes a mess !
- The online payment facility is available now and includes all books and stationary.We will send a payment link in September if you have other children in the school and want to pay by cash, the eldest will pay the Art and craft family charge.
We ask all parents to register for Aladdin connect and download the Aladdin app. This will be our primary method of communicating and class teachers will also use this. We will be limiting the amount of paper we use.
Mornings: Enter and exit through the staff carpark
Hometime: Enter and exit through the link corridor or the carpark
Thursday Aug 29th 9:15 am to 12 noon.
Friday 2nd Sept- Friday Sept. 13th inclusive 8:50am to 12 noon.
Monday Sept 16th 8:50am to 1:30pm
See you all on the 29th of August!
How to download the App
How to use the App
Our school is delighted to announce that we will shortly roll out the Aladdin Schools Connect System to parents/guardians of all children in our school.
The school uses the Aladdin Schools software service www.aladdin.ie for administrative purposes and the Aladdin Schools Connect add on will give parents access to messages from the school and to their child’s profile via a secure login from an internet browser or Aladdin Connect App
Aladdin Connect is a fantastic way to enhance the school’s communication with parents. It enables parents to stay connected and informed about their child’s education by:
– Ensuring that the school has their most up to date contact information
– Keeping parents apprised of their child’s attendance and of any money paid to the school
– Keeping parents up to date on school and classroom news via noticeboard messages
– Keeping parents up to date on what library book their child is currently reading and if it is due/overdue to be returned
– Allowing parents view and download their child’s current report card in June
– Giving parents the option to opt in to share contact information with their child’s classmates’ parents.
Along with strengthening our home/school partnership, we also envisage Aladdin Connect helping the school by:
– Helping to improve attendance by allowing parents to keep track of any school days their child may have currently missed.
– Helping to reduce the amount of class/school notes being sent home
– Helping the school/ teachers communicate with parents when the need arises
– Reducing costs by eliminating the need to send printed school report cards . REPORT CARDS WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH CONNECT
– Reducing costs by reducing the number of text messages that need to be sent
Aladdin Schools uses state-of-the-art security to safeguard information entered by the school and data is stored and processed in strict compliance with Irish and European data protection laws.
In the next few days, you will receive a text/email message containing your registration link. There will be one link per parent which will allow the parent to access information for all their children in the school from one user account. Please do not forward this text/email or share this link as this is a unique registration code for each parent for your child/children in this school. During registration you will choose a password that will be used in conjunction with your email address to securely access Aladdin Connect going forward. You may also share your own contact details with other parents of children in the same class as your children, but please be reassured that this information will not be shared unless you choose to share it. Once you are registered you will be sent an email with links to download the Aladdin Connect App for your mobile device. The main advantage of using the App is to receive immediate alerts for app messages sent by your school. Downloading the App is highly recommended to enhance both the parent and school’s Connect experience. Aladdin Connect will be our preferred method of communication from September onwards.